- “There are clear goals every step of the way.”
- “There is immediate feedback to one’s actions.”
- “There is a balance between challenges and skills.”
- “Action and awareness are merged.” In short, we’re focused. We have one-pointed attention. We’re not thinking of one thing while doing another.
- “Distractions are excluded from consciousness.”
- “There is no worry of failure.”
- “Self-consciousness disappears.”
- “The sense of time becomes distorted.”
- “The activity becomes autotelic.” Autotelic is Greek-speak for something that is an end in itself.
Creativity by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi via Brian Johnson.