I signed the ACLU’s “We Are Constitution Voters” petition since I have affirmed my agreement with all of its tenets through previous political actions, but asked them to skip sending me the bumper sticker.
- I believe that no one — including the President — is above the law.
- I oppose all forms of torture, and I support both closing the Guantánamo Bay prison and ending indefinite detention.
- I oppose warrantless spying.
- I believe that government officials, no matter how high-ranking, should be held accountable for breaking the law and violating the Constitution.
- I believe that the Constitution protects every person’s rights equally — no matter what they believe, how they live, where or if they worship, and whom they love.
- I reject the notion that we have to tolerate violations of our most fundamental rights in the name of fighting terrorism.
- I am deeply committed to the Constitution and expect our country’s leaders to share and act on that commitment — every day, without fail.